Mash potatoes are easy to make and go well with fried fish / fried chicken, schnitzels and chips. There are many variations to the Mash Potatoes - baked, plain, spicy, tangy etc. The recipe here is mash potato with garlic.
- 5 starchy potatoes
- 5 tbsp. - milk
- 30 gms - butter (we have used Amul butter)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. - Garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. - oregano
- Peel and dice the potatoes. You may boil them till they are super soft or you might microwave them for 13 minutes.
|Diced Boiled Potatoes|
- Mash the potatoes with a fork or a wooden spoon.
- Add the milk to the mash and mix well so that the potatoes and milk become a smooth paste
|Potato and Milk Mash|
- In a non stick pan, on a low heat add butter and allow it to melt. When the butter has melted, add the chopped garlic and sauté. make sure that the garlic does not burn. When the butter is fragrant with the garlic add the mash potatoes and mix real well.
- Take it off the heat. Add oregano, salt, pepper and chili flakes and mix.
- Your mash potatoes are ready!
George Calombaris suggests that instead of baking or boiling, you can roast the potatoes in an oven with rock salt. The salt gives a distinct flavor to the potatoes.