This brownie is a must try for first time bakers. Trust me you can never go wrong with it.
This is a quick last minute dessert we make if guests turn up unexpected or if we are in the mood to have something sweet.
Don't judge the recipe by the above picture. This was all that was left when I decided to take the snap.
- 100gm butter
- 4Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 150 gm sugar (I powdered mine)
- 6Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts)
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Pinch of salt (not required if using salted butter)
- Melt the butter and cocoa by putting it in the microwave for a minute. Use the same dish that is going to be used to bake the dish. This is a one bowl brownie
- Next add eggs, sugar and milk to the same bowl. Mix it well.
- Add vanilla essence, flour and salt to the mixture.
- Add the chopped nuts.
- Finally add the baking powder and mix it. Don't mix it too much just enough that it is incorporated into the dish
- Microwave it for 6 minutes and the brownie is ready.
- Cool it down on a wire rack before serving.
In our house it is eaten directly off the dish and all the cooling is done in the mouth.
Cocoa powder can be replaced with cooking chocolate. I replaced 2 tbsp. with 100gm of chocolate. Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl before adding to the mixture.
Also if you want a gooey brownie add additional 2-3 Tbsp of milk.