Samosa is one of my favorite snacks, especially during the rains. When it rains, all I want is a piping hot cup of tea and a plate of samosas with chutney / sauce. Keema Samosa is an ideal evening snack. This easy to make samosa recipe is finger licking good.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time : - 10 minutes
- Onion - 1 medium finely chopped
- Green Chilies - 2 finely chopped
- Venky's heat and serve keema - 1 portion
- Maida / all purpose flour - 250 gms.
- Kalonji - 1/2 tsp.
- Salt - 1/2 tsp.
- Cooking oil - for frying
- Vegetable oil - 3 tbsp.
- Water - to seal the samosa
How to prepare the samosa:
- To the flour / maida, add vegetable oil, kalonji, salt and little water and make a dough. It should not be watery or very hard.
- In a frying pan, add little oil. Now add the chopped onions and green chilies and saute till the rawness of the onions has gone. Now add the keema and cook well with the onions. If you want, you can add boiled green peas to the keema.
- Allow the keema to cool before it can be used as a stuffing.
- Make small balls of the maida dough. Roll small flat round chapati. Now with a knife cut the chappati from the middle and make a cone. Stuff the cone with the keema.
- In a separate deep pan, heat cooking oil and fry the samosas till they are golden brown.
When it rains next, make these delicious samosas, a hot cup of tea, grab a good book and relax!!