Pages

Wednesday 21 August 2013

Lemon Brownies

Yes you read it right! Lemon Brownie. I was browsing on Pinterest and this just hit me. Everyone was pinning this left right and center. This was the new rage in Baking town. :)


I was like I so have to make this. I love desserts with lemon and I love brownies. Combine the two and voila its a match made in heaven.
Naked lemons with the zest :)
Ingredients:

For the brownie


I'm missing ingredients & can't spell too. :P
  • 95 gm flour
  • 170 gm sugar
  • 100 gm butter
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 tsp lemon zest
  • 2 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1/2 tsp of Baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt (not required if using salted butter)
For the lemon glaze
  • 115gm sugar
  • 1 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 2 tsp lemon zest
Preparation

For the Brownie
  • Preheat oven to 180 degree Centigrade
  • Zest and juice the lemons
  • In a bowl, beat softened butter, sugar, flour & salt until combined
  • In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, lemon zest and lemon juice till they are nicely combined
  • Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture. Beat at medium speed till it is smooth and creamy. 
  • Pour it into a 8x8 greased baking dish.
  • Bake it for 25-30 mins till a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. 
For the Lemon Glaze
  • Whisk all the ingredients mentioned under glaze.
  • Once the brownie is cooled, spread the glaze over it.
I can guarantee this will be over in minutes like it happened in mine. This is proven by the fact that I had some small bits remaining to take the pic of the brownie. :)



1 comment: