This dish is from the southern state of India - Kerala.
That means, this dish will contain coconut which is like a must in every dish from Kerala.
- 250 gms beans cut finely
- 250 gm carrot chopped
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2-3 green chilies
- 1 small piece of garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
- 2 - 3 Tbsp of oil
- Heat oil and sputter the mustard seeds in a non-stick pan.
- Add cumin seeds till it turns brown.
- Add onion, green chilies, curry leaves and garlic. Once the raw smell is gone, add the coconut and turmeric powder.
- Fry for a couple of minutes but do not make the coconut brown.
- Add the carrot, beans and salt accordingly.
- Add 2 to 3 Tbsp of water over the mixture.
- Cover and cook it for around 10 minutes in a low flame.
This simple and delicious dish is a breeze to make and is yummy.
This subji can be had with rice and rotis.