My husband loves Oyster sauce and whenever we go to an Asian restaurant, his choice will always narrow down to an Oyster sauce dish.
I finally decide to give it a shot and try this dish at home.
- 1/2 kg boneless chicken cut in cubes
- 2 medium sized onions cut in cubes
- 1 capsicum/bell pepper cut in cubes
- 1 carrot cut in cubes
- 1 tsp sliced ginger
- 1 tsp sliced garlic
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 5 Tbsp Oyster sauce
- 2 tsp Corn flour dissolved in water
- 2-3 Tbsp of oil
- Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in a non-stick pan and put the onions.
- Once the onions become translucent, add brown sugar and fry it for a minute
- Next add carrots and capsicum and fry for 2 to 3 mins.
- Take the them out and place it in a dish.
- In the same pan, add the remaining oil and fry ginger and garlic till you no longer get the raw smell.
- Add the chicken and fry till it changes color about 5 - 6 mins
- Add the chicken stock.
- Once the stock boils, add the soy and oyster sauce.
- Put the cooked vegetables. Cover and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the corn flour dissolved in water to make the gravy thick.
This dish can be accompanied with fried rice/ noodles. I served it on a bed of sticky egg fried rice.
NOTE: This dish is not spicy and for those who want it spicy can 2-3 green chilies while frying the onions.