There is comfort food and then there is comfort food. Cinnamon rolls comes in the category.
To make it more interesting, let's marry it with some chocolate. Life just becomes a whole lot better. An additional benefit of baking cinnamon rolls is that the house smells heavenly.
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Plain Flour - 2.5 cups approx
- Yeast - 1 1/8 tsp
- Sugar - 2 Tbsp
- Egg - 1 lightly beaten
- Butter - 2 Tbsp melted
- Cinnamon Powder - 1/2 to 1 Tbsp
- Brown Sugar - 3 to 4 Tbsp
- White Chocolate Sprinkles - 3 to 4 Tbsp
- Milk Chocolate Sprinkles - 3 to 4 Tbsp
- Icing or Powdered Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Melted Butter - 1 tsp
- Vanilla Essence - 1/4 tsp
- Milk - 3 to 4 Tbsp
- Preheat oven to 180 Degree Centigrade for 10 mins
- Mix salt, 1.5 cups flour, yeast and sugar.
- Heat milk, water and butter till butter melts.
- Add dry ingredients & beaten egg to wet ingredients. Mix together to make a dough. Keep adding the remaining flour till it does not stick. Transfer dough to a floured surface and knead for a few minutes.
- Transfer dough to a oiled vessel and cover it with cling film. Let it rest till the dough doubles, roughly around 1 to 2 hrs depending on the surrounding temperature.
- Punch down the risen dough and roll it out into a rectangle on a floured surface.
- Smear dough with melted butter. Sprinkle cinnamon, brown sugar, white and milk chocolate sprinkles evenly.
- Roll the dough into a log starting at the long side. Press together the edges to seal it.
- Cut using a knife and place the rolls cut side down on a greased baking dish.
- Cover and let it rise in a warm place until almost doubled, around 30 - 40 mins.
- Bake rolls in preheated oven for 20-25 mins.
- In the meantime mix all the ingredients mentioned under frosting.
- Allow the baked rolls to cool before spreading the frosting.
Voila the yummy cinnamon chocolate rolls are ready.