Pages

Sunday 29 September 2013

Creamy Lemon Tart

My irresistible temptation for lemon desserts has got me back to baking this yummy lemon tart.


I have made lemon tarts in the past. The first trial was using Condensed milk which turned out too sweet, I mean really sweet. The second time it was by making the lemon curd on stove top and then baking it. That one came out too lemony, which I kinda liked it but my husband wasn't too happy about.

I found this creamy lemon tart recipe from Donna Hay and been meaning to try it out for a long time. It came out perfect. Not too lemony and not too sweet!! 

Ingredients

 For the Biscuit Base
  • 200gms Digestive biscuits
  • 80gm melted butter
  • 50gm caster sugar
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
For the lemon filling
  • 250ml cream
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 120gm caster sugar
  • 1.5tsp lemon zest
  • 100ml lemon juice

Preparation

For the base:


  • Pre heat oven to 180 C.
  • Pulse the digestive biscuits in a food processor. 
  • Add sugar, cinnamon powder and mix it all well.
  • Pour the melted butter and mix all the ingredients till it looks like slightly wet sand. (I can't think of any other example :P )
  • Press the mixture onto a tart tin. 
  • Bake in the oven for 10 mins
For the lemon filling


  • Put the cream, eggs, egg yolks, sugar, lemon zest and juice into a bowl and mix well.
  • Pour the mixture onto the cooled down biscuit base.

  • Reduce the oven temperature to 140 C
  • Bake for 35-40 minutes or until set. 
  • The middle will be wobbly which is fine.  Allow it to cool and refrigerate for a couple of hours till it is completely set. 

It is best to refrigerate overnight and then have it. In my case, I'm grateful I got to keep it for an hour and a half before it was attacked.  This tart is truly delicious even if I say so myself. I'm sure even non-lemon dessert lovers will become instant converts after having a spoonful of this lemony heaven. 

1 comment: