Green Beans / String Beans / Snap beans is one of the most popular food item that is cultivated and is available all across the world. They are marketed as frozen or fresh or canned and are used in most cuisines.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 4 minutes
- Green beans - a bunch (15 - 20 beans), cut into 2 cm pieces
- Garlic - 3 cloves, grated
- Green Chilies - 3 medium size, finely chopped
- Butter - melted, 3 tbsp.
- Cream - 1 tsp.
- Grounded Pepper - 1/2 tsp.
- Salt - to taste
- Kalonji - a pinch
How to prepare Garlic & Pepper Beans?
- In a microwave proof dish, add beans and cover them with water. Microwave for 7 - 8 minutes or till the beans are cooked and soft.
- In a pan, add butter, garlic, kalonji and chopped green chilies and saute till the garlic is cooked and begins to turn golden brown.
- Add pepper, salt and mix well.
- Drain the water from the beans and mix well with the garlic butter. Cook for a minute.
- Take the pan off the flame. Add cream and mix well.
You can serve Garlic & Pepper beans with steaks or mash potatoes or even with rice and daal.