Creamy Mash Potatoes are our favorite side dish with grilled fish or sausages. This recipe is inspired by the Masterclass by Gary Mehigan. Hope you love creamy mash potatoes!
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking : 3 minutes
- Potatoes - 5, medium size
- Butter - 20 gms.
- Warm Milk - 20 ml.
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Garlic - 2 cloves, finely grated
- Chili flakes - for garnishing
How to prepare Mashed Potatoes:
- Clean and peel the potatoes and boil them for 15 minutes. I microwave potatoes with water for 12 minutes. Check that the potatoes are tender and crush easily.
- Drain the water. Crush the potatoes using a fork or potato mash.
- In a pan, add the crushed potatoes and mix for about a minute.
- Now add the butter and garlic and mix well. The butter should coat the potatoes well. In case it does not, add a little more butter.
- Mix for about 2 minutes. Now add the milk and saute so that the potatoes and milk make a smooth mash.
- Add salt and butter to taste.
Garnish with chili flakes and enjoy with your favorite dish!