Pages

Wednesday 2 October 2013

Onion Rings

Onion Rings are the bomb!! I mean they are just delicious!


Its a pity that most of the restaurants in India don't sell it. I remember the first time I had them. I was around 7yrs old and had it from KFC in Dubai. I had never heard of Onion rings before that and in the first bite itself I knew I was going to have a life long bond with this dish. 

I always thought it must be difficult to make these and you need some special equipment and ingredients like beer to make them. I finally decided to venture out and found this recipe online. They claimed it would taste like the ones in the restaurants. I was skeptical but I decided to give it a shot and they were so right, in fact it was better than the ones you get in some of the restaurants. 

Ingredients:

  • 1 large onion
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • salt to season
  • Oil to deep fry

Preparation:

  • Cut the onions into concentric circles of 1/4 inch and separate them.
  • In the mean time, heat oil in a pan used for deep frying.
  • In a bowl which has a lid, add the flour,baking powder and salt. Close the bowl with the lid and give it a good shake for the ingredients to mix.
  • Add the onion rings into the bowl, close it and give it a good shake for the onion to get coated with the flour. 
  • In another bowl, whisk the egg and milk.
  • Dip the onion rings in the egg mixture and dump into the bread crumb till it gets covered in it.
  • Add the onion rings into the oil and cook on each sides for 1 to 2 mins till they reach a nice golden brown. 
  • Place it on a paper towel to remove excess oil and sprinkle some salt.
  • Serve with tomato ketchup. 

2 comments:

  1. Amazing recipe. I will definitely try this in my new air fryer. Thanks for sharing this amazing article post.

    ReplyDelete