I initially intended to make this dish with Mushrooms. I opened up the box and ironically the fungi had fungus growing on it.
Luckily I had a packet of cottage cheese in the fridge and quickly replaced the fungus growing mushrooms. Disaster averted. Huge sigh of relief!!!
- Paneer(cottage cheese) cut in cubes 250 gm
- 2 large onions diced
- 1 large Capsicum(Bell Pepper) diced
- 1 tsp julienne ginger
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a non stick pan.
- Add the ginger and garlic. Fry till the raw smell goes and slightly browned.
- Next add the onions and fry till they are golden brown. Add some salt to speed up the process.
- Once the onions caramelize, add the capsicum. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Next add the oyster sauce, soya sauce, salt and pepper. Mix it well with onion and capsicum.
- Add the cottage cheese and mix it well. Be careful while stirring not to crumble the paneer.
- Fry for another minute and remove from fire. Garnish with some spring onions.
Serve with fried rice, noodles or rotis. This can be used as a sandwich filling or even as a starter.
Note: If you want to make with mushrooms. Add them after adding capsicum and fry for a couple of minutes till they are cooked. Then add the sauces and fry for a minute.