One of the most soul satisfying dessert is the apple crumble. This simple and aromatic dessert is a perfect finish to a good meal. The mild cinnamon flavour, the crisp crumble and the melt in mouth apples are heavenly.
- Fresh apples - 2, cut into chunks
- Cinnamon - A Pinch
- Castor Sugar - 6 tbsp.
- Lemon zest - A pinch
- Lemon juice - 1/2 lemon
For the crumble
- Plain flour - 100 gms
- Sugar - 2 tbsp.
- Cinnamon - a pinch
- Muesli - 1 tbsp.
- Butter - 50 gms, melted
- Preheat the oven to 150 degree
- Heat a pan and add sugar. When the sugar begins to caramalize, add the apples and mix well.
- When the apples begin to soften, take them off the flame and add the lemon zest and the lemon juice.
- Transfer into a oven proof dish.
- To make the crumble, mix flour, sugar, butter and cinnamon in a bowl using your finger tips. Mix till the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add muesli and mix well.
- Sprinkle the flour mix on the apple mix and bake for 20 minutes or till the crumble is crispy and golden on the top.
- Serve warm.