A plate of steaming hot peas / mattar kachori with green mint chutney is a perfect snack for winters.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
For the Stuffing
- Peas - 250 gms
- Coriander leaves - 50 gms, washed
- Green chillies - 2
- Jeera powder / cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil to cook
For the covering
- Flour / maida - 100 gms.
- Salt to taste
- Oil to knead - 1 tsp.
- Black cumin / kalonji - 1/2 tsp.
- Oil to fry
- In a grinder, make a fine paste of coriander leaves, peas and green chilies with a little water.
- In a hot wok, add oil and allow to heat. Now add the cumin powder and salt and mix well.
- When the mix begins to dry up, remove from flame and allow to cool down.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, black cumin / kalonji, oil and salt into a soft dough.
- Make small balls of the flour.
- Using a rolling pin make flat breads. Using a spoon add the peas mixture in the center and fold the flour around it.