Farfalle or Bow tie pasta or butterfly pasta works really well with any sauce or dressing. We featured our take on Farfalle with Bacon and Sausage a while ago. Here is out take on a vegetarian version. Hope you enjoy it!
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- Farfalle pasta - 200 gms
- Water - 1 ltr.
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp
- Onion - 1, finely chopped
- Green chilies - 2 finely chopped
- Garlic Cloves - 3, finely chopped
- Red bell pepper - 2 tbsp, finely chopped
- Capsicum - 2 tbsp, finely chopped
- Broccoli florets - 2 tbsp
- Carrots - 2 tbsp, finely chopped
- Baby spinach leaves - 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Dil - finely chopped, for seasoning
- Chili flakes, salt, pepper, pasta seasoning - to taste
- Mayonnaise - 3 tbsp.
- In a open pan, keep water to boil. when the water is bubbling, add a pinch of salt and the farfalle pasta. Cook for 13 minutes or till the pasta is soft.
- In a wok, add olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions, garlic and green chilies.
- In a microwave proof bowl, add water, carrots, broccoli and microwave for 3 minutes.
- When the onions and garlic have become soft and pink, add the bell peppers, broccoli, carrots and spinach leaves and saute for a minute or so.
- Add salt and mayonnaise and mix the vegetables well. Make sure that you taste the salt and keep in mind that salt has been added to farfalle when it was kept for boiling.
- The farfalle should be cooked by now. Drain from water and add to the vegetable mix.
- Saute and take off the flame.
- Add pepper, chili flakes, pasta seasoning to taste.
- Garnish with Dil leaves and serve!
PS: My friends took less than five minutes to finish this dish off!!