We love Chicken 65 and it goes really well with Biryani or pulao or even as an appetizer. The best Chicken 65 we have had has been at Biryani Blues. So we wondered if we could make the dish at home and if it would taste as good. Guess what, it turned out real nice!!
Preparation: 3 hrs
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Chicken - 100 gms, cut into small pieces
- Curd - 2 tbsp.
- Corn flour - 1 tbsp.
- Jeera powder / cumin powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Haldi powder / turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp. If you want it to be spicy, add more red chili powder
- Dhania powder / coriander powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Pepper - 1/2 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry
- Curry leaves - a handful
- Green Chilies - 2 sliced
- In a bowl, mix curd, corn flour and all the spices, except salt. Add chicken to it, mix well and keep aside for 3 hours to marinade. before frying, add salt to taste.
- In a low kadai / wok, heat oil and fry the chicken in batches. When the chicken is golden brown, remove from flame.
- In the last batch, fry the curry leaves and green chilies and remove from flame.
- If you are serving Chicken 65 as an appetizer, finely chop green chilies and onions. Add salt to taste to the onion salsa and sprinkle a few drops of lime juice.
- You may serve Chicken 65 with Mint Chutney / Garlic Chutney
- You may also serve it with rice / Pulao