One of our favourite snacks is samosa with mint chutney and a steaming cup of hot tea (in winters) or a chilled glass of ice tea (in summers). There are various form, of stuffing that you may ass in the samosa, like we feature Keema Samso at the beginning of our blog, there is peas / potatoes and the likes. Basically, anything that you like can make the stuffing for the samosa.
We have used a combination of paneer i.e. cottage cheese and potatoes to make the stuffing of our samosa. Hope you enjoy it!
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
- Boiled Potatoes - 4 medium size
- Green Chilies- 4, medium size, smooth paste
- Garlic paste - of 4 cloves
- Paneer / Cottage Cheese - 50 gms, grated
- Maida / all purpose flour - 5 tbsp.
- Kaloji - /2 tsp.
- Oil - to fry, make the stuffing and make a dough
- Water - to make a dough
- Spices - red chili powder, jeera powder, turmeric, salt and amchoor - to taste
- Onion - 1 finely chopped
- In a bowl, make a dough of all purpose flour / maida, water, oil, kalonji and salt. Since there will be salt in the stuffing, make sure that you salt that is added is just for adding taste to the base of the samosa.
- Keep the dough in the fridge till the time the stuffing is ready.
- In a kadai, add oil and onions and saute the onions till they are soft and pink. Add the green chilies and the garlic paste and saute for 30 seconds till the garlic is cooked.
- Add the spices to the onions and chilies mixture and mix.
- Now add the grated paneer / cottage cheese. Using a fork, mash the potatoes and add them to the paneer. Mix well, remove from flame and keep aside to cool.
- Make small balls of the dough that we had kneaded and roll our think round flat circles of the small balls.
- Cut from the center. Using water glue the end together like a cone. Add the stuff in the center of the cone and again with water, seal the end. Make sure that the the ends are together else it will open up during frying.
- Deep fry the samosas till golden brown and serve with your favourite chutney!
Neha & Sonia